Rajma Cutlet / Red Kidney Beans Cutlets
To make 6 big sized cutlets Ingredients Rajma / Red kidney Beans - 3/4 cup Bread slices - 2 Potato - 1 (small sized) ...
To make 6 big sized cutlets
Rajma / Red kidney Beans - 3/4 cup
Bread slices - 2
Potato - 1 (small sized)
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
Roasted Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Dry mango powder / Aamchur powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 3/4 tsp
Carom seeds / Ajwain - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
- Soak rajma in a enough water for at least 4 hours. Add soaked rajma, 3 cups of water, pinch of baking soda and salt to taste in a pressure cooker. Cook till 7-8 whistles. Let it cool down completely.
- Boil the potato. Peel and mash it really well.
- Take cooked rajma in a mixing bowl. Mash the rajma with your hands.
- Add all above ingredients and mix really well. Adjust the salt at this point. If mixture comes out very dry, sprinkle few drops of water.
- Make the cutlets of any shape and size you want.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in a pan. Shallow fry them on medium heat till they get nice crisp on both the sides.
- Serve them hot with any chutney or tomato ketchup.