Serves - 2-3
- Soya chunks – 1 and ½ cups
- Coconut milk - 400 ml
- Tomato (medium sized) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Few curry leaves
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
To dry roast and grind
- Dried red chillies - 5
- Desiccated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Green cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 3
- Black peppercorns – 6-8
How to make soya chunks curry with coconut milk?
- Boil soya chunks for 10-15 minutes and drain the water.
- Squeeze them and keep aside.
- Dry roast all spices mentioned above on low heat until fragrant. Then add desiccated coconut and roast until light brown.
- Allow it to cool down little bit and then grind it to a coarse powder.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Once oil is heated, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and turmeric powder. Let the seeds splutter nicely.
- Add tomato and ginger and cook until tomato is tender.
- Add freshly ground spices powder and cook until oil starts to separate, stirring occasionally.
- Add squeezed soya chunks and mix well.
- Add coconut milk and salt to taste.
- Simmer the curry on low heat for 15-20 minutes and it is ready to be served.
- Serve hot with plain boiled rice.