Recipe source: Tarla Dalal
Recipe to make 6 medium sized pancakes
- Cooked rice – 1 and 1/4 cups
- Besan – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Shredded cabbage – ¾ cup
- Grated carrot – ¼ cup
- Spring onions – 5 (cut into 2 inch pieces)
- Green chillies – 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Cloves of garlic – 3-4 (minced)
- Plain yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Cooked Rice Pancake?
- Mix all ingredients listed above and mix well.
- Add little water to make sticky dough.
- Make 6 equal sized balls out of it.
- Spread some oil in a heated pan. As I made medium sized pancakes, I flattened them on palm of my hand and then transferred to pan. If you want to make big sized pancakes, you may use cotton cloth or aluminium foil. On a wet cloth, flatten pancake with wet hands. Lift the corners of cloth and transfer it to pan facing pancake downwards. Remove the cloth and cook the pancake from both sides until they turn brown and crispy.
- Serve them hot with any chutney or yogurt.