Khasta Kachori / Moong Dal Kachori / Kachori Recipe
To make 6-7 kachori Ingredients For Cover All purpose flour - 3/4 cup Semolina / sooji - 2 tbsp Butter - 2 tbsp C...
To make 6-7 kachori
All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
Semolina / sooji - 2 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Carom seeds / ajwain - 1 tsp (Optional)
Salt to taste
Moong dal - 1/2 cup (Wash the dal and soak in a enough water for about 2 hours.)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 6-8
Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Funnel seeds powder - 1 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
To make Cover
- Mix semolina in a sifted all purpose flour. Add carom seeds and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add butter and mix it with flour. Remove all lumps.
- Now, start kneading the dough by adding little water at a time. Make a stiff dough and cover it with plastic wrap. Let it rest for half hour. Meanwhile make the stuffing.
To make Stuffing
- Drain out all the water form moong dal. Add into blender and grind it coarsely. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, ginger, pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves. Let them splutter. Add ground moong dal and keep stirring the mixture till moisture evaporates. Reduce the heat and cover the pan. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes.Keep stirring in between. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, funnel seeds powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down. Once the mixture cool down, crumble the lumps in it. Now, the stuffing is ready. You can also add some roasted sesame seeds in it to make stuffing more tasty.
- Divide the dough into 6-7 equal parts. Take one ball and flatten with your hand to make a small puri. Keep the center thick than the edges.
- Place the stuffing on it and put the edges together as shown in picture. Seal the edges to make round ball.
- Now, flatten the stuffed ball gently with your palm. In similar way, make all the kachoris.
- Deep fry them till they get nice brown color on both the sides. It will take around 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with dates and tamarind chutney.