Pepper Chicken Curry
Serving for - 2 Ingredients Chicken - 500 gm Onion (Big) - 1 (finely chopped) Yogurt - 1/2 cup Black peppercorns - ...
Serving for - 2
Chicken - 500 gm
Onion (Big) - 1 (finely chopped)
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Black peppercorns - 2 tbsp
Cloves of garlic - 4
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Green chilies - 4
Bay leaves - 2
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Some cilantro (finely chopped)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Paprika - 3/4 tsp or Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 3-4 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Dry roast black peppercorns on low heat for 4-5 minutes. Add in to mortar and pestle and grind them coarsely. Then add green chilies, garlic, ginger and cilantro. Grind them together to a coarse paste.
- Take chicken pieces in a mixing bowl. Add yogurt and ground paste to it. Mix well with chicken and let it marinate for half hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida and bay leaves. Saute for few seconds. Then and chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, paprika, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt to taste and marinated chicken. Mix this really well and cover the pan. Let it cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Add water (around 3 cups) and let the curry boil. Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes. Keep stirring in between. Once the chicken is fully cooked, reduce the heat and allow curry to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with any Indian flat bread or rice.