Dahi Vada Recipe
Serving for - 4 Ingredients Urad dal / black gram lentils (skinless and split) Curd - 1 and 1/2 cup Green chlilies - 4 ...
Serving for - 4
Urad dal / black gram lentils (skinless and split)
Curd - 1 and 1/2 cup
Green chlilies - 4 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
Some curry leaves
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
Tamarind chutney - 1 tbsp
Green chutney (I skipped)
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat masala - 1/2 tsp
Some cilantro (finely chopped)
- Soak urad dal overnight or at least for 6 hours. Drain out the water and grind in a blender by adding very little water.
- Add green chilies, ginger, cumin seeds, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt to taste. Break the curry leaves into small pieces and add in to batter. Whip the batter really well till it turns fluffy. If the batter is fluffy, your vada will turn more light.
- Drop the spoonful of mixture in a hot oil and fry the vada till slight brown color.
- Transfer on to paper towel. You can fry 8-10 vadas at a time.
- Once you are done with frying all the vadas, put some vadas in a water. Soak them for 8-10 minutes. Squeeze out water and place them in a serving plate.
- Beat curd in a mixing bowl and add little salt. Pour that curd on a vadas to cover them completely. Now garnish the dish with some red chili powder, tamarind chutney, chat masala and chopped cilantro. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes and serve chilled.