Chicken Rogan Josh
Adapted from: vahrevah.com serves - 2 Ingredients Chicken – 400 gm Yogurt – ½ cup Kashmiri red chilli powder – 3 tsp Coa...
Adapted from: vahrevah.com
serves - 2
- Chicken – 400 gm
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Kashmiri red chilli powder – 3 tsp
- Coarsely ground fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida / hing – ½ tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Black / white pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Generous pinch of saffron
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Cloves -3
- Green cardamoms – 2
- Bay leaves – 2-3
- Lemon juice – ½ tbsp
- Oil – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Chicken Rogan Josh?
- Heat oil in a pan. Once oil is heated, add half of the ground fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves, green cardamom, bay leaves and asafoetida.
- Saute for just few seconds and add chicken pieces to it.
- Add salt to taste and mix well. Fry the chicken on low heat for 5-6 minutes until it changes its color, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile add chilli powder, dry ginger powder, remaining fennel seeds powder, pepper powder, garam masala and saffron into the yogurt. Mix well and keep it aside.
- Before adding yogurt, lower down the temperature by adding a cup of water to the chicken.
- Then add yogurt and mix well. This way yogurt won’t curdle.
- Reduce the heat and cover the pan. Allow curry to simmer for next 20-25 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Serve hot with jeera rice or plain boiled rice.