Source: khanapakana.com Makes - 18-20 rusks Ingredients All purpose flour – 1 cup Un...
Makes - 18-20 rusks
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter – 125 gm
- Castor sugar – ½ cup
- Eggs -3
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Few drops of orange or yellow food color (optional)
How to make cake rusk?
- Start by preheating the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Melt butter in a microwave.
- Add sugar and beat them together really well. It should form creamy texture.
- Then break eggs in it and beat until mixture is really smooth and creamy. It may take 2-3 minutes with electric beater.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Mix baking powder and salt into the flour and sift directly into the batter.
- Fold in the batter gently and add food color.
- Mix and pour the batter in the greased cake tin and level it with knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 50-55 minutes.
- After 55 minutes, switch off the oven and take the cake out.
- Allow it to cool down a little bit. At the same time make sure your oven’s temperature also gets reduced.
- Then make thin slices out of it.
- Arrange the slices on a baking tray and start your oven at 150 degrees C.
- Place them into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes on one side.
- Flip and bake again for next 8-10 minutes until they are light brown and crispy.
- Arrange them on a cooling rack and let them cool down completely.
- Serve these delicious cake rusks with a cup of hot ginger tea.