Shrikhand (with Greek Yogurt)
Greek yogurt is a strained yogurt, so it has thick consistency. If you want to make shrikhand with regular yogurt, you need to hang it over...
Greek yogurt is a strained yogurt, so it has thick consistency. If you want to make shrikhand with regular yogurt, you need to hang it overnight in a muslin cloth to strain out all the water. I have already posted recipe of shrikhand with regular plain yogurt. Click here for recipe – Shrikhand recipe with plain yogurt.
- Greek yogurt – 500 gm
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup (or adjust to your taste)
- Milk – ½ tbsp
- Generous pinch of saffron
- Green cardamom – 4-5
- Some almonds / pistachios
Watch How to make Shrikhand on YouTube;
Shrikhand recipe with step-wise pictures
- First take ½ tbsp of milk in a bowl. Put it in a microwave for few seconds.
- Then add saffron and let it rest on counter so that saffron dissolves in milk and you get nice color.
- Make cardamom powder and also slice the almonds.
- Take out yogurt in a big bowl.
- Sieve powdered sugar in it.
- Then add cardamom powder and almonds.
- Pour saffron milk and mix it really well.
- Shrikhand is ready. Refrigerate for some time and then serve it with puri or chapati.