Green Peas Pulao recipe, How to make peas pulao
Serves – 2-3 Ingredients Basmati rice – 1 and ½ cups Frozen green peas – 1 and ½ cups Red chilli powder – 1 tsp Turmeric p...
Serves – 2-3
- Basmati rice – 1 and ½ cups
- Frozen green peas – 1 and ½ cups
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Corinader powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tsp each
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Jaggery – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Bay leaves – 2-3
- Cumin seeds – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon sticks – 2
- Black peppercorns – 8-10
- Cloves – 3
- Green cardamom – 2
- Star anise – 1
Watch how to make Green peas pulao on YouTube;
Peas pulao recipe with step-wise pictures
- Wash the rice well under cold running water and set it aside.
- In a heated oil, add all whole spices and asafoetida. Sauté for few seconds.
- Then add green peas and ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Then add all spice powders (turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander and cumin powder) and salt to taste.
- Mix it really well and add rice.
- Mix it gently with peas and add 2 cups of water. Also add jaggery and give it a quick stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low so the water slows to a simmer.
- Allow the rice to simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
- When you see very little water left in rice, reduce the heat to low and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Then switch off the heat and keep it covered for next 15-20 minutes, so that steam remains inside.
- Open the lid and fluff the rice.
- Serve hot with onion raita or plain yogurt.