Gobi Kheema, How to make Cauliflower Keema
Serves – 2-3 Ingredients 1 head of cauliflower Frozen green peas – ½ cup Onion (small sized) – 1 Tomato (medium sized) –...
Serves – 2-3
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Frozen green peas – ½ cup
- Onion (small sized) – 1
- Tomato (medium sized) – 1
- Red / green pepper – 1
- Ginger and garlic paste – 1 tsp each
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Amchoor powder / dry mango powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Kasoori methi / dried fenugreek leaves
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Gobi kheema / Cauliflower kheema?
- First grate cauliflower with grater or food processor.
- Also grind onion, tomato and pepper together to a coarse paste.
- Dry roast kasoori methi until crisp and keep it aside.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add grated cauliflower and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook uncovered until all moisture from cauliflower evaporates, stirring occasionally. It may take 10-15 minutes.
- When it dries out completely, take out in a dish.
- In the same pan, add another tbsp of oil. Once heated add cumin seeds and allow them to splutter. Also add pinch of asafoetida.
- Then add onion-tomato paste and ginger-garlic paste. Cook until all moisture from tomato evaporates.
- Then add all spice powders (red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and amchoor powder).
- Mix well and cook until oil starts to release, stirring constantly.
- Now add roasted cauliflower, frozen green peas and crushed kasoori methi.
- Mix it really well and cover the pan. Let it cook for 6-8 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the heat and serve it hot.
- You can serve it with phulka or toasted bread slices.