Ingredients ½ kg of chicken (cut into medium sized pieces and wash them thoroughly) ¾ cup of fried onions ¾ cup of yogurt Gi...
- ½ kg of chicken (cut into medium sized pieces and wash them thoroughly)
- ¾ cup of fried onions
- ¾ cup of yogurt
- Ginger and garlic paste- 1 tsp each
- 6 almonds
- Generous pinch of saffron
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- ¼ tsp white / black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp of sunth / dry ginger powder
- 4 small bay leaves
- 1 tsp full of cumin seeds
- 4 green cardamom pods
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- Salt to taste
Watch how to make chicken korma on YouTube;
Chicken Korma recipe with step-wise pictures
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil. Once heated add all whole spices and fry for a minute.
- Then add chicken pieces and mix well.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Cook until raw smell from them disappears.
- Add salt to taste. Then add all spice powders and mix well.
- Add yogurt and 1 cup of water.
- Mix well and cook covered for 8-10 minutes or more until chicken is tender.
- Till the time grind almonds and fried onions coarsely.
- Once the chicken is almost cooked, add almonds, fried onions and generous pinch of saffron. Mix it really well.
- Now reduce the heat and allow curry to simmer for next 10 minutes on low heat. Make sure to stir occasionally so that masala doesn’t stick to the bottom of pan.
- Add more water if needed and adjust the consistency as per you liking.
- Switch off the heat and serve it hot with naan or chapati or plain boiled rice.