Bhindi Fry (without onion and garlic)
Ingredients Bhindi / lady finger – 1/ 2 kg 1 and ½ tbsp of oil 1 tsp of cumin seeds Pinch of asafoetida Some curry leaves ...
- Bhindi / lady finger – 1/ 2 kg
- 1 and ½ tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Some curry leaves
- 1 tsp of red chilli powder
- ¾ tsp of amchoor powder or dry mango powder
- 1 tsp of coriander powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
To roast and grind
- Some raw peanuts
- 1 tbsp of desiccated coconut or dry grated coconut
- ¾ tsp of sesame seeds
Watch how to make bhindi fry on YouTube;
Bhindi Fry recipe with step-wise pictures
- First rinse the bhindi well.
- Dry each bhindi with paper towel or kitchen napkin.
- Discard the base and stalk and chop them into diagonal shape.
- Dry roast the peanuts until light brown. Then add coconut and sesame seeds and roast until coconut changes its color to brown. Take it out.
- In a wide pan heat oil. Once heated add cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Add bhindi and mix well.
- Cook bhindi until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile grind roasted peanuts, coconut and sesame seeds to a coarse powder.
- Once the bhindi becomes soft, add all dry spices and salt to taste.
- Mix it really well and cook for couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally add roasted peanuts, coconut and sesame seeds powder.
- Mix well and cook for couple of minutes.
- Serve it hot with phulka or chapati.