Beetroot Paratha Recipe, How to make stuffed beetroot paratha
Ingredients To make stuffing Beetroots – 3-4 Kasoori methi / dried fenugreek leaves – 2 tbsp Red chilli flakes – 1...
To make stuffing
- Beetroots – 3-4
- Kasoori methi / dried fenugreek leaves – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes – 1 and ½ tsp
- Pomegranate seeds powder / anardana powder- 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Whole wheat flour / Chapati flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
- Carom seeds / Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Watch how to make beetroot paratha on YouTube;
Beetroot paratha recipe with step-wise pictures
- Peel the beetroots and cut them into big chunks.
- Grate them in a food processor.
- Put grated beetroot in a wide pan and add salt to taste.
- Cook until all moisture evaporates.
- Add ginger paste.
- Then add kasoori methi and all dry spices. Mix well.
- Transfer it to a dish and allow it to cool down completely.
- To make dough, take 1 and ½ cups of chapati flour / wheat flour.
- Add salt to taste, ½ of ajwain / carom seeds, 2 tsp of oil.
- Mix everything together really well.
- Add water little at a time and knead it to soft dough.
- Apply few drops of oil and cover the dough. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide dough into 10 lemon sized balls and divide stuffing into 5 parts.
- Take two balls of the dough and roll them into small circles.
- Place one portion of the stuffing on one of the rolled roti.
- Cover with the other rolled roti and join the edges.
- Dip into flour and roll it evenly from all the sides.
- Transfer onto a hot pan. Apply oil on both the sides and fry until it gets some brown dots and becomes crispy from both sides.
- Serve it hot with plain yogurt and any chutney or pickle.