Aloo Paratha Recipe
Yields 8 medium sized parathas Ingredients To make stuffing Small sized potatoes -8 (or 4 medium sized potatoes) 1 tbs...
Yields 8 medium sized parathas
To make stuffing
- Small sized potatoes -8 (or 4 medium sized potatoes)
- 1 tbsp of kasoori methi
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- Some mint leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp of ginger paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp of pomegranate seeds powder or anardana powder
- Salt to taste
- Wheat flour / chapati flour – 1 and ½ cups
- Carom seeds / ajwain – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
Aloo paratha recipe with step-wise pictures
- Pressures cook the potatoes. Once cooked, let them cool down a little bit.
- To make dough, take flour in a bowl.
- Add salt, carom seeds or ajwain, 2 tsp of oil. Mix well.
- Add little water at a time and knead it to soft dough.
- Apply few drops of oil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- To make stuffing, peel the potatoes.
- Also chop the green chili and some mint leaves.
- Add everything mentioned under ‘To make Stuffing’ ingredients list into the potatoes.
- With the help of potato masher mash everything together really well.
- Make sure there are no big chunks of potatoes.
- Make 8 equal sized balls of the dough and stuffing.
- Take one ball of the dough and roll it like a small roti. Then place stuffing and fold the edges.
- Gather the folded edges at the center and seal.
- Dip it flour and again roll gently and evenly from all the sides.
- Place it on a hot pan and roast it nicely until some brown dots appear on both the sides.
- Apply little bit oil or you may use ghee or clarified butter.
- Serve it hot with plain yogurt and any pickle.
Check out another recipe of aloo paratha here - Aloo Paratha
You may also like;