Phulka Recipe | How to make Soft Phulka
Recipe to make 7 medium sized phulka Ingredients Wheat flour – 1 cup (I use Pillsbury Atta) Two pinches of salt Water as...
Recipe to make 7 medium sized phulka
- Wheat flour – 1 cup (I use Pillsbury Atta)
- Two pinches of salt
- Water as needed
- Add 2 pinches of salt in flour and mix.
- Now start adding little water at a time and keep mixing until all flour gets together.
- Knead nicely to form soft and pliable dough.
- Make sure the dough is not hard. If it is hard, sprinkle little water and knead again. Total kneading process may take 4-5 minutes. Well kneaded soft dough is key to make nice and soft phulka.
- Cover with kitchen towel and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Knead again a little bit and make 7 equal sized balls out of it to make medium sized phulka. If you want small sized phulka then make 10 lemon sized balls.
- Dip one ball into flour and flatten it by hand.
- With the help of rolling pin, roll it to form a circle. Use more flour for dusting and roll it evenly. If you manage to roll it evenly, it will puff from all the sides when you put it directly on gas flame.
- Place it on hot tava (griddle) and roast partially until you see small bubbles on top.
- Flip it and roast completely from other side. Lift phulka and see if it has got brown dots and allow it to roast again. This way phulka will cook evenly from all sides.
- When it gets brown dots, put it directly onto a flame. It will puff as shown in picture.
- Serve these phulkas hot with any Indian curry.