Mustard Chicken Curry
Serves – 2-3 Ingredients Chicken – 500 gm (Remove the skin and wash pieces thoroughly under cold running water) Onion – 1 ...
Serves – 2-3
- Chicken – 500 gm (Remove the skin and wash pieces thoroughly under cold running water)
- Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
- Tomato – ½ (finely chopped)
- Garlic cloves – 3 big (minced)
- Green chillies – 3 (minced)
- 1 tbsp butter + 1 tsp cooking oil
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Yellow mustard powder – 1 and ½ tbsp
- Plain yogurt – 200gm
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Little salt
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp for tempering
- Black mustard seeds – 2 tsp
How to make mustard chicken curry?
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a large bowl along with chicken pieces. Mix well and cover with plastic wrap. Allow it rest on a counter for an hour.
- Heat up a pan with butter and oil.
- Add onion and sauté till translucent. Add salt at this point to fasten the process of cooking the onion.
- Add minced garlic and green chillies and sauté for few seconds until raw smell from garlic goes away.
- Add tomato and cook until tender.
- Then add marinated chicken and ½ cup of water.
- Mix and cook covered for 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked completely. Stir in between.
- Lower down the heat and sprinkle garam masala. Mix and allow curry to simmer for couple of minutes.
- Till the time curry is simmering, heat up oil in a tadka pan. Add black mustard seeds and let them splutter nicely.
- Pour this tadka in a simmering curry and switch off the heat.
- Mix and serve mustard chicken curry hot with any Indian flatbread or plain rice. Enjoy! :)