Spicy Prawns Fry
Ingredients Prawns – 500 gm Onion (big sized) – 1 (finely chopped) Tomato (small sized) – 1 (finely chopped) Cloves of garlic ...
- Prawns – 500 gm
- Onion (big sized) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomato (small sized) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Cloves of garlic – 5 (minced)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (minced)
- Green chilli – 1 (slit)
- Kanda lasun masala (if not available, add 1 tsp of red chilli powder, 1 tsp of coriander powder and ½ tsp of garam masala)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Dry grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 3-4
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make Spicy Prawn fry?
- De-vein the prawns and wash them thoroughly.
- Drain the water and marinate the prawns with turmeric powder and little lemon juice for 10 minutes.
- Dry roast coconut and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat up oil. Once oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Then add onions and sauté till translucent. Add salt at this point to fasten the process of cooking the onions.
- Then add green chilli, ginger and garlic and sauté till raw smell from ginger-garlic goes away.
- Add tomato and cook until it gets mashed up with onions.
- Then add Kanda lasoon masala and roasted coconut. Mix well and cook until oil starts to separate from the masala. If you don’t have kanda lasoon masala available, add coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala.
- Add marinated prawns and mix well. Add little lemon juice and let it cook covered for 5 minutes. Keep stirring in between. If it turns out very dry, you can sprinkle little water.
- Switch off the heat and garnish with some fresh cilantro.
- Serve hot with ‘phulka’ or any other Indian flatbread. Enjoy! :)