Serves – 2 Ingredients Rice – 1 and ¼ cup Prawns – 500gm (de-veined and washed) Onion – 1 (thinly sliced) Tomato – ½ ...
Serves – 2
- Rice – 1 and ¼ cup
- Prawns – 500gm (de-veined and washed)
- Onion – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Tomato – ½ (sliced)
- Green chillies – 4 (finely chopped)
- Cloves of garlic – 5-6 (minced)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (minced)
- Bay leaf – 3-4
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ¾ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 100gm
- Lemon juice – ½ tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make simple prawn pulao in a pressure cooker?
- Heat up oil in a pressure cooker. Once oil is hot enough add cumin seeds and bay leaves. Saute them for few seconds.
- Add sliced onions and salt to taste. Adding salt at this point will help onion to cook fast.
- Once the onion is nice golden brown, add green chillies, ginger and garlic. Saute until raw smell from ginger-garlic goes away.
- Add tomato, coriander powder and garam masala. Mix and cook for 3-4 minutes until tomato is tender and gets mashed up with onion.
- Add prawns and yogurt. Mix and cook for a minute.
- Now add soaked rice, lemon juice and around 2 cups of water. Mix and put the lid on. Cook until 2-3 whistles.
- Serve hot with onion rayata.