Dahi Chicken / Yogurt Chicken Curry
Serves - 2 Ingredients Chicken – 500 grams (Remove skin and cut into medium sized pieces. Wash pieces thoroughly under cold r...
Serves - 2
- Chicken – 500 grams (Remove skin and cut into medium sized pieces. Wash pieces thoroughly under cold running water.)
- Plain Yogurt – 200 grams
- Onions (Big sized) – 2 (thinly sliced)
- Cloves of garlic – 5-6 (minced)
- Ginger – 1.5 inch piece (minced)
- Bay leaves – 5-6
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 and ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – ½ tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to make yogurt chicken curry?
- In a bowl, marinate chicken pieces with yogurt and all dry spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala). Mix well and cover with plastic wrap. Keep it in a refrigerator for at least half hour.
- Heat up oil in a pressure cooker. Once oil is hot enough, add bay leaves and saute for few seconds. Add sliced onions and saute till they turn slight brown in color. Add salt at this point to fasten the process of cooking the onions.
- Add minced ginger-garlic and saute till raw smell from them goes away.
- Add marinated chicken and around 1/2 cup of water. Mix well and put the lid on. Cook until 2 whistles.
- Once the pressure goes away, open the lid and add lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with ‘phulka’ or any Indian flat bread and plain rice.