Spicy Mushroom and Potato Curry
Serves – 3 Ingredients Mushrooms – 500 gm (I have used Oyster mushrooms) Boiled potatoes – 2 (Peel and cut into medium si...
Serves – 3
- Mushrooms – 500 gm (I have used Oyster mushrooms)
- Boiled potatoes – 2 (Peel and cut into medium sized pieces)
- Onions – 2 (thinly sliced)
- Tomato – 1 (sliced)
- Green chilies – 2 (slit)
- Cloves of garlic – 5 (minced)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (minced)
- Bay leaves – 3-4
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash mushrooms nicely under cold running water and then cut them if needed. I kept small mushrooms as it and cut big ones vertically into half. If you don’t like big chunks into your curry, you can cut them into desired shape.
- Heat up oil. Once oil heated, add cumin seeds, green chilies and bay leaves. Let them splutter.
- Add onions and sauté till they turn slight brown. Add salt at this point to fasten the process of cooking the onions. Then add minced ginger and garlic. Sauté for few seconds till raw smell from them goes away.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chili powder. Mix well and cook till tomatoes get mashed up and oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add mushrooms and ½ cup of water. Mix well and cook covered from 6-8 minutes until mushrooms are ¾ done.
- Add in boiled potatoes, lemon juice and garam masala. Lower the heat and allow curry to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and serve hot with any Indian flat bread or plain rice.
- I served it with ‘phulka’ and plain rice.