Simple Fish Fry Recipe
I got many requests from my readers to post more fish recipes. So I am trying different fish recipes now days. We both (I and my H) like fr...
I got many requests from my readers to post more fish recipes. So I am trying different fish recipes now days. We both (I and my H) like fried fish more than curry. After some trial and error I have come up with this simple fish fry recipe. It is so quick and easy to make and tastes superb.
This fish fry recipe is sesame flavored as I have used sesame oil and roasted sesame seeds while marinating the fish. I personally like sesame flavor, but if you don’t want to use sesame oil then replace it with your regular cooking oil. Do give it a try at home and let me know how it turned out.
Serves – 2
- Fish – 4 (Wash and clean nicely, Dry them using paper towel. Make sure there is no moisture left. Then make vertical slits all over the fish as shown in picture.)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 1 tbsp (minced)
- All purpose flour – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 and ½ tbsp
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
How to make fish fry?
- Mix all ingredients above into a bowl and mix them really well to make a paste. If it turns out thick then add little more oil and lemon juice. Then apply it all over the fishes and let them marinate in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Heat non stick pan and add just 2-3 tsp of oil. Place marinated fishes in a pan and fry them nicely until both sides turn crispy and brown. It takes around 3-4 minutes to cook fish completely.
- Take out them onto a paper towel and serve them hot.