Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
Last week, I made Napa Cabbage Kimchi and also tried some of Korean dishes like Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi BokkEumBap), Kimchi kimbap and K...
Last week, I made Napa Cabbage Kimchi and also tried some of Korean dishes like Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi BokkEumBap), Kimchi kimbap and Kimchi pancakes. Those were simply awesome. Today I am sharing the recipe of Kimchi fried rice which I tried from Aeri's Kitchen. It is so easy and quick to make. If you have some leftover rice, then this recipe is wonderful to dress it up.
I have already posted recipe of Napa Cabbage Kimchi. If you haven’t checked it yet, here is the link – ‘Korean Napa Cabbage Kimchi Recipe’.
Serves - 2
For making Kimchi Fried rice, you will need;
- Kimchi – 1 cup (Cut into small pieces)
- Cooked Korean rice – 2 cups (If this rice is not available, you may use any rice of your choice)
- Onion – ½ (finely chopped)
- Spring onion – 5-6 (finely chopped)
- Sesame Oil – ½ tbsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Kimchi water – 1/4 cup (It is nothing but water released by fermented kimchi)
- Dried seaweed – ¼ cup (Optional)
- Eggs – 2
- Salt to taste
How to make Kimchi Fried Rice?
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add kimchi and cook until all water evaporates.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Then add kimchi water, spring onions, sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds and salt to taste.
- Mix well and fry for 6-8 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Finally add dried seaweed and switch off the heat. Kimchi fried rice is ready.
- Now fry 2 eggs separately with pinch of salt and black pepper powder.
- Serve kimchi fried rice along with fried egg. Enjoy! :)