Shorba is a kind of soup which has thinner consistency. This curry is inspired by my favorite Vahchef Sanjay Thumma's Chicken Shorba...
Shorba is a kind of soup which has thinner consistency. This curry is inspired by my favorite Vahchef Sanjay Thumma's Chicken Shorba recipe. It is very easy and doesn’t require much preparation. We enjoyed this delicious chicken shorba with some phulka and plain rice.
Serves - 2
- Chicken – 500 gm
- Onions – 3 (thinly sliced)
- Ginger – 1.5 inch piece (minced)
- Cloves of garlic – 4 (minced)
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Bay leaves – 3-4
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 and ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- In heated oil, add cumin seeds and bay leaves. Let them splutter.
- Add onions and fry till they turn slight brown. Add in minced ginger and garlic and sauté for few seconds till raw smell goes away. Add around 1/2 cup of water and cook onions covered until they get mashed up.
- Add chicken pieces and salt to taste. Mix well and cook covered for 2-3 minutes until it slightly changes its colour.
- Mix all spice powder except garam masala and little water in a yogurt. Whisk nicely and add into chicken.
- Add more water to make the curry thin. Once curry comes to boil, lower the heat and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes until chicken cooks completely.
- Finally add lemon juice and garam masala. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and chicken shorba is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any Indian flat bread or plain rice.