Canned Tuna and Perilla leaves Pancake | ChamChi Jeon | Korean Recipe
As you can guess from my past recipes, I am getting addicted to tuna these days. I love stir fried tuna and everything made with it. This...
As you can guess from my past recipes, I am getting addicted to tuna these days. I love stir fried tuna and everything made with it. This is again a Korean pancake made with canned tuna and perilla leaves (sesame leaves). This pancake is inspired by ChamChi Jeon recipe by Aeri’s kitchen. I added some additional ingredients like pancake mix, garlic, sesame oil and sesame seeds. For me this is perfect as an evening snack with a cup of hot ginger tea.
Serves – 2
- Mild Tuna – 1 can
- Perilla leaves – 5-6
- Korean pancake mix – 2 tbsp
- Onion – ½
- Hot pepper – 2
- Cloves of garlic – 4
- Eggs – 2
- Sesame oil – 2 tsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil from frying
How to make Korean Tuna Pancakes?
- Drain the water from canned tuna.
- Chop the onion and hot pepper finely.
- Cut the washed perilla leaves into thin vertical strips and also mince the garlic.
- Take drained tuna into a bowl.
- Add onion, hot pepper, perilla leaves, garlic, Sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds, and salt to taste. Then break 2 eggs in it and add pancake mix.
- Mix everything together and batter is ready.
- Add generous amount of oil in a pan. Once heated, pour a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly. At the same time, you can fry 4-5 small pancakes.
- Let them fry nicely until edges of pancake turn brown and crispy. Then flip them and fry well from other side too. When both sides are brown and crispy, your pancake is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with Korean dipping sauce or any sauce of your choice.