Strawberry Cake with Vanilla Frosting - Step by Step Recipe
I had picked up some fresh, bright red and juicy strawberries last weekend without knowing what I was going to do with those. I got so...
I had picked up some fresh, bright red and juicy strawberries last weekend without knowing what I was going to do with those. I got so delighted to see their vibrant colour and perfect shape. Then I decided to make cake similar to strawberry shortcake. This cake is double layered with fresh strawberries and coated with vanilla frosting. Cake turned out so moist and delicious that we finished it within a day. I am not expert in baking and decorating the cake, but this time I was quite happy with my baking. Try this super moist and scrumptious strawberry cake and let me know how you like it.
All purpose flour – 1 and ½ cup
Fresh strawberries – 1 packet (around 28-30)
Orange – 1
Unsalted butter – ½ cup (at room temperature)
Eggs – 3 (at room temperature)
Milk – 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (at room temperature)
Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
Baking powder – 1 and ½ tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Vanilla Frosting (I used store bought)
Method of preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease the cake pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together and keep it aside.
- Remove the stems of strawberries and wash them nicely. Make the puree of 8-10 strawberries along with milk and keep them aside.
- Cut down through remaining strawberries to slice in half and cut some halves into some thin slices. We will need halves to place in middle layer and slices to decorate the cake. Put these cut strawberries into a bowl. Add 1 tbsp of fresh orange juice and a tsp of sugar. Toss them little bit and put in refrigerator till the time you finish baking cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar together. Beat till they forms crumbly texture.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat nicely. Then add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Now start adding little flour and some strawberry-milk mixture at a time and keep mixing until you are out of flour.
- Now add 2 tsp of orange zest and mix well.
- Pour this mixture in a cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Insert tooth pick or knife in middle, if it comes out clear then your cake is done.
- Transfer baked cake on cooling rack and let it cool down before you assemble the cake.
- Now, using a serrated knife, divide cake in half horizontally. Sprinkle some orange juice on both cut cakes. This will make the cake moist.
- Spread some vanilla frosting on first half and place halved strawberries on it. Again cover strawberries with frosting and place second half of the cake on top of that. Then finish the cake by spreading frosting on top and decorating the top with sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before you serve the slices.