Broccoli with Besan / Chickpeas Flour
Being a broccoli fan, I always try different recipes with broccoli. Broccoli has many health benefits .It is high in vitamin C, as we...
Being a broccoli fan, I always try different recipes with broccoli. Broccoli has many health benefits .It is high in vitamin C, as well as dietary fibre. More than else I get the satisfaction of eating something green and healthy. :) This time, I made broccoli with besan and it tasted awesome. This sabzi goes well with chapati.
Broccoli heads – 2 (wash nicely and cut into medium sized florets)
Besan / Chickpeas flour – ¾ cup
Onion (big) – 1 (finely chopped)
Green chillies – 4 (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Dry mango powder – 1 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat up oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger, and pinch of asafoetida. Stir for few seconds.
- Add onion and sauté till translucent.
- Add broccoli, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder and salt to taste. Mix well and cover the pan. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes until broccoli cooks a little bit. Don’t cook much, keep broccoli on crunchier side.
- Now reduce the heat, sift the gram flour little at a time and keep mixing. Cover the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Keep mixing in between. Sprinkle little water if needed. If you add enough oil, then you don’t have to sprinkle the water.
- Switch off the heat and serve hot with chapati.