Spicy Egg Masala - Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
Serving for - 3 Ingredients Eggs - 6 Onions - 3 (finely chopped) Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped) Ginger-garlic paste ...
Serving for - 3
Eggs - 6
Onions - 3 (finely chopped)
Tomatoes - 2 (finely chopped)
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Green chilies - 2 (slit)
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Bay leaves - 2
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
To make masala / Whole spices powder
Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
Dry grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
Dried red chilies - 6
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Cloves - 2
Black peppercorns - 15-20
- Heat pan on low heat. Add all spices mentioned above except coconut and sesame seeds. Dry roast spices until you smell nice aroma. Then add coconut and sesame seeds and roast till they turn slight brown in color.
- Let them cool down little bit. Grind them to a coarse powder and your homemade aromatic spice powder is ready. Keep it aside.
- Hard boil the eggs and remove the shells. Apply little bit of turmeric powder on eggs and keep them aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add eggs coated with turmeric powder and fry until they get nice golden brown color. Transfer them onto a paper towel.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a same pan. Add mustard seeds, pinch of asafoetida, green chilies and bay leaves. let them crackle.
- Add onions and saute till they get slight brown color. Add ginger-garlic paste and turmeric powder. Saute till raw smell from ginger-garlic goes away.
- Add tomatoes, ground spice powder/masala and salt to taste. Mix well and cook till tomatoes get mashed up with onions and oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add little water if required. Then add fried eggs and mix well. Let the gravy simmer on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with any Indian flat bread or rice.