Methi Paratha (Fenugreek Paratha) - Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
This recipe can make 8 paratha Ingredients Whole wheat flour - 2 cups Fresh / Frozen fenugreek leaves - 1 cup (Chop them fine...
This recipe can make 8 paratha
Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
Fresh / Frozen fenugreek leaves - 1 cup (Chop them finely or thaw methi leaves nicely if you are using frozen one like me)
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Roasted cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Carom seeds - 1/2 tsp
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Oil for roasting
- Take thawed methi leaves in a mixing bowl. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to taste.
- Take roasted cumin seeds and carom seeds (ajwain) into a mortar and pestle. Grind them to a coarse powder. Add into methi.
- Then add yogurt and mix well.
- Start kneading the dough by adding little flour at a time. It will take less water to knead the dough because of thawed methi and yogurt. Add little water when required and make a smooth dough.
- Apply 1 tbsp of oil and knead the dough again. Cover the dough and let it rest for 1/2 hour.
- Make 8 equal sized balls out of the dough.
- Take one ball, dip into flour and roll like a roti. Transfer it on the hot griddle and roast nicely from both the sides. Apply some ghee or oil while roasting.
- Serve hot with yogurt, pickle or tomato ketchup.