Gobi Paratha (Cauliflower Paratha) - Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
This recipe can make 6 paratha Ingredients For Stuffing Cauliflower - 3 cups (grated) Onion - 1/2 (finely chopp...
This recipe can make 6 paratha
Cauliflower - 3 cups (grated)
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Green chilies - 6 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Whole wheat flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
Carom seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2-3 tsp
Salt to taste
Knead the dough
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add oil, carom seeds and salt to taste. Mix well and remove all lumps.
- Then start kneading the dough by adding little water at a time. Consistency of the dough should be soft. Apply few drops of oil on top and cover the dough. Let it rest for 1/2 hour. Meanwhile make the stuffing for paratha.
Make the Cauliflower stuffing
- Heat oil in a pan. Add green chilies and ginger. Saute for few seconds. Then add onion and saute till translucent.
- Add grated cauliflower, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Switch off the heat and let the stuffing cool down.
Roll the Paratha
- Divide stuffing into 6 parts and make 6 balls out of the dough.
- Take one ball of dough and roll like a small puri. Place stuffing on it and seal the edges nicely.
- Dip into flour and roll gently and evenly from all the sides.
- Transfer on hot griddle and roast nicely from both the sides by applying ghee/oil.
- Serve hot with yogurt or pickle.