Serving - 2
Capsicum - 2 (Remove the seeds and cut into small pieces)
Besan (Chickpeas flour) - 1 cup
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Curry leaves - 2 strands
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves. Let them splutter. Add chopped onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add garlic paste and saute till raw smell from garlic goes away. It may take few seconds.
- Add capsicum, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Mix well and cover the pan. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes till capsicum turns tender. Keep stirring in between. (You may add some coriander powder and cumin powder to add extra flavor.)
- Add besan and mix well. Sprinkle little water and reduce the heat. Let it cook covered for about 5-6 minutes. Make sure heat is low to avoid burning at bottom. Keep stirring in between.
- Switch off the heat and serve hot with roti.