Instant Khaman Dhokla / Instant Besan Dhokla - Easy Step by Step Recipe
Serving for - 3 Ingredients Besan / Gram flour - 1 and 1/4 cups Semolina / Sooji - 1/...
Serving for - 3
Besan / Gram flour - 1 and 1/4 cups
Semolina / Sooji - 1/3 cup
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Green chilies - 3
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 2-3 tbsp
Eno fruit salt - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Water - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Green chilies - 2
Curry leaves - 18-20
some chopped cilantro
Roasted sesame seeds
- Boil enough water in a pressure cooker and grease any flat bottomed steel vessel.
- Mix gram flour and semolina together. Grind green chilies and ginger to a coarse paste.
- Add ground paste, turmeric powder, sugar, yogurt, and salt to taste. Start mixing the batter by adding little water at a time.Add oil and eno fruit salt.
- Mix the batter and pour it in a greased vessel. Place it in a pressure cooker and put the lid on. Steam without weight for about 20 minutes.
- Let it rest for 5 minute and keep it aside. Cut them into medium sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida, green chilies, and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Spread this tempering on cut pieces. Spread some roasted sesame seeds and chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve them with tamarind and dates chutney or green chutney.