Hot and Sour Soup (Indian - Chinese Version) - Recipe with step by step pictures
Serving for - 2 Ingredients Ginger and garlic - 2 tsp (minced) Olive oil - 1 tbsp Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped) Chili-...
Serving for - 2
Ginger and garlic - 2 tsp (minced)
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped)
Chili-garlic sauce - 1 heaped tsp
Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp
Egg - 1
Vinegar - 2 tsp
Vegetable broth / water - 2 and 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Vegetables (You can use any vegetables of your choice.)
Cabbage - 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
Carrots - 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
Green beans - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Mushroom - 4-5 (finely chopped)
Some spring onion (for garnishing)
Some tofu (finely chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger and garlic. Saute for few seconds till raw smell goes away. Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add all vegetables and salt to taste. Cook the vegetables till they turn tender. Keep mixing them in between. It may take around 6-8 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth or water and bring it to boil.
- Then add chili garlic paste, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Beat egg nicely and add into soup, keep stirring continuously. (If you like soup on thicker side, then dissolve 2 tsp of corn starch in 2 tbsp of water and add into soup. This will make soup thicker in consistency.)
- Switch off the heat and garnish with some spring onion. Serve hot.