White Bread Recipe - Step by Step
Ingredients All purpose flour - 3 cups Dry Yeast - 2 tsp Milk - 1/2 cup water - 3/4 cup Olive oil - 2 tbsp Salt - 3/4 t...
All purpose flour - 3 cups
Dry Yeast - 2 tsp
Milk - 1/2 cup
water - 3/4 cup
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Mix milk and water together. Add sugar and mix well till sugar dissolves. Microwave this mixture just for 40-45 seconds. Add yeast in warm water.
- Give it a quick stir and cover it with kitchen towel. Keep it in a warm place for about 20 minutes. If mixture turns frothy, then yeast is activated.
- Sieve flour and add salt to taste. Take out 1/2 cup of flour from it for dusting purpose. Then start kneading the dough by adding little yeast water at a time. Consistency of the dough should be sticky and soft.
- Add olive oil and again knead this dough nicely. Use remaining flour for dusting. Whole process of kneading may take 20-25 minutes.
- Apply few drops of oil on top and transfer this dough in a big pot. Cover with kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for about 1 hour. (I kept it in a oven.)
- Dough will turn triple in size.
- Just punch it little bit to remove the air. Again knead for a minute. Shape into loaf and place it into a greased pan. Cover with kitchen towel and keep into a warm place for half hour. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- After half hour, loaf will rise above the pan. Take some milk in a bowl. Dip tissue paper and gently apply milk on a risen loaf. (You can use egg wash instead of milk.) Place it into oven and bake for half hour(or more if required).
- Let it cool down completely before you slice it. Enjoy this fresh homemade bread with hot ginger tea.