Vegetable Samosa - Step by Step Recipe
To make 10 medium sized samosa Ingredients For Cover All purpose flour (Maida) - 3/4 cup Sooji / Semolina - 1/4 cup C...
To make 10 medium sized samosa
All purpose flour (Maida) - 3/4 cup
Sooji / Semolina - 1/4 cup
Carom seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Potatoes - 3 (Cook in pressure cooker till 3 whistles. Once they cool down, peel and grate them.)
Frozen Green Peas - 1/2 cup
Cauliflower - 1/4 cup (Grated)
Paneer - 1/4 cup (Crumbled)
Onion (Small sized) - 1 (finely chopped)
Cloves of garlic - 3-4
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Green chilies - 5
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Curry leaves - 6-8
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Dough for Samosa
- Mix flour and semolina together. Add carom seeds and salt to taste. Warm up 1 tbsp of oil and add into flour. Mix well and remove all the lumps. Mixture will turn a bit crumbly. Then start kneading the dough by adding little water at a time. Dough should be little bit stiff. Cover it with plastic wrapper and let it rest for half hour. Meanwhile make the stuffing for Samosa.
Vegetable Stuffing for Samosa
- Grind ginger, garlic and green chilies to a coarse paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida, and curry leaves. Let them splutter. Add ground ginger-garlic-green chilies paste and saute till raw smell from ginger garlic goes away. It will take few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent. Add grated cauliflower and cook for a minute. (You can add any vegetables of your choice.)
- Add mashed potato, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix this up really well. Reduce the heat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Finally add frozen green peas, crumbled paneer and lemon juice. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Switch off the heat and let the stuffing cool down completely. Make 10 equal parts out of it.
Making of Samosa
- Make 5 equal sized balls from dough. Take one ball and roll it like a thin roti. Keep it covered while you roll out remaining balls.
- Take one rolled roti and cut it into 2 parts. Apply few drops of water on edges and fold it like a cone as shown in picture. Place one stuffing ball in it and seal the bottom really well. (I made some design on edges using fork.)
- Follow the same procedure to make rest of the samosa. Keep them covered with kitchen towel. Fry them nicely from both sides till nice brown color.
- Serve samosa with any chutney or ketchup.