Tomato Soup - Step by Step Recipe
Serving for - 2-3 Ingredients Tomatoes (Big) - 2-3 Cumin seeds - 1 tsp Black peppercorns - 12-15 Cinnamon - 1 inch sti...
Serving for - 2-3
Tomatoes (Big) - 2-3
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Black peppercorns - 12-15
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Bay leaf - 1
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Olive oil - 2 tsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Fresh cream (Optional)
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add cumin seeds, black peppercorns, cinnamon, and bay leaf. Saute for few seconds. Add tomato cubes, 1 cup of water and salt to taste. Put the lid on and cook till 1 whistle.
- Once the pressure goes away, take the lid off and let the tomatoes cool down completely. Take out cinnamon and bay leaf. Add into a blender and make a smooth puree.
- Strain the blended mixture and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add garlic paste and saute till raw smell of garlic goes away. Add strained puree and sugar. Add water and adjust the consistency of soup as per your requirement. Allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add cream and mix well. Garnish with bread croutons and fresh cilantro. Serve hot.