Pyaz Ka Paratha / Onion Paratha / Stuffed Onion Flat Bread (Step by Step Recipe)
To make 4 medium sized parathas Ingredients For dough Wheat flour - 1 cup + 1/4 cup Carom seeds / Ajwain - 1/2 tsp (Optio...
To make 4 medium sized parathas
Wheat flour - 1 cup + 1/4 cup
Carom seeds / Ajwain - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Oil - 1 tsp
Cilantro -finely chopped (Optional)
Salt to taste
Onions - 2 (finely chopped)
Crumbled Paneer / Cottage cheese - 1/4 cup (Optional)
Some Cilantro (finely chopped)
Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder / Amchur powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
To make dough
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add carom seeds, chopped cilantro, 1 tsp oil and salt to taste. Mix well. Then start kneading the dough by adding little water at at time. Consistency of the dough should be soft like regular chapati dough. Apply few drops of oil and cover it. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
To make Pyaz / Onion Filling
- Mix all ingredients mentioned under 'For Filling' and filling is ready.
Making and Roasting of Paratha
- Make 5 equal sized balls from the dough and divide filling into 5 equal parts. Take one ball of a dough and roll it like a small puri, keeping middle part thick. Place the onion stuffing on it and start pleating the edges. Seal it properly.
- Dip into flour and roll evenly and keep it little bit on thicker side. Roast nicely from both sides by applying ghee(clarified butter) or oil.
- Serve hot with pickle or any chutney.