Matar Paneer (Green Peas and Cottage cheese Curry) - Step by Step Recipe
Serving - 3 Ingredients Paneer (Cottage cheese) - 1 and half cup (35-40 small sized cubes) Frozen Green Peas - 1 cup On...
Serving - 3
Paneer (Cottage cheese) - 1 and half cup (35-40 small sized cubes)
Frozen Green Peas - 1 cup
Onions - 2 (Sliced)
Tomatoes - 2 (Cut into cubes)
Cloves of garlic - 4 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Dry fenugreek leaves (Kasoori Methi) - 2 tbsp
yogurt - 1-2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add paneer cubes and fry till they become slight brown in color. Take out them onto a paper towel.
- In the remaining oil, add sliced onion and saute till they turn slight brown in color. Add ginger and garlic and saute for few seconds till raw smell goes away.
- Add tomatoes and cook till they turn soft. Crush kasoori methi on your palm and add into this mixture. Switch off the heat and let the mixture cool down.
- Add into a blender and make a smooth puree by adding 1 cup of water.
- Heat butter in a pan. Add puree and bring it to boil. Add salt to taste and cook the puree till some moisture (around 60%) evaporates. It may take around 6-8 minutes. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, dry mango powder and garam masala. Cook till oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add yogurt and 1/2 cup of water. Once the curry comes to boil, add fried paneer cubes and frozen green peas. Mix well and allow curry to simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with any Indian flat bread or rice.