Green Peas Curry in Coconut Milk (Pressure Cooker Method) - Step by Step Recipe
Serving for - 3-4 Ingredients Dry green peas - 1 and half cups (Soaked overnight.) Onions - 2 (finely chopp...
Serving for - 3-4
Onions - 2 (finely chopped)
Tomatoes - 2 (pureed)
Coconut milk - 3/4 cup
Cloves of garlic - 4 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Some cilantro (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and pinch of asafoetida. Add chopped ginger and garlic. Saute for few seconds till raw smell goes away.Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add tomato puree and cook for 5-6 minutes till some moisture evaporates. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder, and garam masala. Cook this mixture till oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add soaked green peas, coconut milk, chopped cilantro and 4 cups of water. Mix well and put the lid on. Cook curry till 7-8 whistles. (Mine took 8 whistles, cook as per your judgement.)
- Once the pressure goes away, take off the lid and allow curry to simmer on low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve curry hot with plain rice or roti.