Garlic Naan - Step by Step Recipe
To make 8 medium sized naan Ingredients All purpose flour - 2 cups Yeast - 2 tsp Sugar - 4 tsp Water - 3/4 cup Egg - 1 ...
To make 8 medium sized naan
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Yeast - 2 tsp
Sugar - 4 tsp
Water - 3/4 cup
Egg - 1
Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Cloves of Garlic - 5-6 (finely chopped)
Some cilantro (finely chopped)
Salt to taste
- Warm up the water in a microwave just for 25-30 seconds. Add sugar and yeast. Mix well and cover with kitchen towel. Keep it in a warm place for 10-15 minutes. If it turns frothy, then yeast is activated.
- Sift flour and salt together. Break one egg and add yogurt into flour. Mix this mixture really well.
- Start kneading the dough by adding little yeast water at a time. Consistency of the dough should be very soft and sticky. Use some flour for dusting.
- Add olive oil and knead the dough nicely for 2-3 minutes. Transfer this dough in a big pot and apply few drops of oil on top. Cover with kitchen towel and keep it in a warm place for about 1 hour.
- Dough will become triple in size. Punch the dough little bit to remove air in it.
- Again knead the dough for a minute and make 8 equal sized balls out of it. Keep them covered.
- Preheat the oven at highest temperature as possible. (around 550 degrees F) and lightly grease the baking pan.
- Dust surface with some flour and roll the ball into an oval shape. Put some finely chopped cilantro and garlic on it. Roll it gently and place in a baking tray. Bake it in a oven for about 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it so that it won't burn. Flip to other side and bake for a minute.
- Take out from oven and apply some butter on top. Serve hot with any Indian curry.