Dahi Methi Murg (Chicken Curry in Dried Fenugreek Leaves and Yogurt Sauce) - Step by Step Recipe
Serving for - 2-3 Ingredients Chicken - 500 gm (Cut into medium sized pieces and wash into warm water.) Yogurt - 1 cup ...
Serving for - 2-3
Chicken - 500 gm (Cut into medium sized pieces and wash into warm water.)
Yogurt - 1 cup
Kasoori methi / Dried fenugreek leaves - 2 tbsp
Oil - 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
To make paste
Onion - 2 (Sliced)
Green chilies - 6
Cloves of garlic - 4
Ginger - 1.5 inch piece
Add all above ingredients in a blender and make a smooth paste by adding 1/2 cup of water.
Spices to dry roast and grind
Coriander seeds - 3 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Green cardamom - 4
Cloves - 2
Black peppercorns - 10-12
Bay leaf - 1
Dry roast all above spices on low heat till nice aroma starts to come out and grind them to a coarse powder.
- Take chicken in a mixing bowl. Add yogurt, ground spice powder and 1 tbsp of kasoori methi. Mix well and cover it. Keep it in a refrigerator and let it marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add green paste (onion paste) and salt to taste. Cook till all moisture evaporates. Keep stirring in between.
- Add marinated chicken and 2 cups of water. Mix well and cover the pan. Let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Take remaining kasoori methi on your palm and crush it. Add into curry and reduce the heat. Allow curry to simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with any Indian flat bread or plain rice.