Rasgulla Recipe - Step by Step
To make 9-10 big sized rasgullas Ingredients Milk - 4 cups Lemon juice - 3 tblsp Some Ice cubes Sugar - 1 cup Water - 4...
To make 9-10 big sized rasgullas
Milk - 4 cups
Lemon juice - 3 tblsp
Some Ice cubes
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 4 cups
Green cardamom - 4
Almonds - for garnishing
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed vessel. Keep stirring in between to avoid burning of milk at bottom. Once the milk comes to boil, start adding little lemon juice at a time and keep stirring the mixture. Now, reduce the heat to low and add remaining lemon juice. Stir till all curd or milk fat separates from whey. Switch off the heat.
- Put ice cubes in whey water. Once the ice cubes melt completely, pour this curdled milk on to muslin cloth or any cotton cloth. Squeeze all whey water. Then rinse under cold water and again drain the water completely. Try to squeeze out water as much as possible. Hang it for 15-20 minutes. (Another Method: Wrap the curdled milk in a cloth. Place it in between set of some papers. Keep heavy weight on it e.g. pressure cooker full of water. It will help to remove the water from chena/paneer. )
- Now take the paneer and crumble it nicely. Knead the dough really well till it becomes smooth. Divide the dough in 9-10 equal parts.
- Take one part on your palm, rub it with your fingers and make a smooth ball. There should not be any crack on ball.
- Follow same procedure and make rest of the balls.
- Boil 4 cups of water in a pressure cooker. Add sugar and cardamom powder. Once the sugar gets completely dissolved and syrup comes to boil, add paneer balls one by one. Put the lid on and cook till 3 whistles.
- Once the pressure goes away. Open the lid. You can see rasgullas are doubled in size. Let them cool down completely.
- Refrigerate them for at least 1 hour before you serve them.
- Garnish with almonds and serve chilled.