Poha Vada Recipe / Flattened Rice Fritter
Serving for - 2 Ingredients Thick Poha / Flattened Rice - 1 cup Rice flour - 1/3 cup Gram flour / Besan - 1/4 cup Oni...
Serving for - 2
Thick Poha / Flattened Rice - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/3 cup
Gram flour / Besan - 1/4 cup
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Green chilies - 4 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1.5 inch piece (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 10-12
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Carom seeds / Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- Add poha in a colander and wash under running water. Set it aside for 5-6 minutes.
- Take soaked poha in a mixing bowl and mash it liitle bit. Add chopped onion, green chilies, ginger, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, pinch of asafoetida, carom seeds, and salt to taste. Break the curry leaves into small pieces and add into mixture. Mix this up really well.
- Then add little besan and rice flour at a time and mix till it gets dough like consistency.
- Take a small ball on your palm and flatten it little bit. Make a hole at center. Follow the same procedure and make rest of the vada.
- Deep fry them on medium heat till they get nice brown color on both sides.
- Transfer them onto paper towel.
- Serve fritters hot with tomato ketchup or any chutney.