Maharashtrian Pitla Recipe / Besan Pitla Recipe
Serving for - 3 Ingredients Gram flour / Besan - 1/2 cup Onion - 1 (finely chopped) Cloves of garlic - 3 Green chilie...
Serving for - 3
Gram flour / Besan - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Cloves of garlic - 3
Green chilies - 3
Curry leaves - 10-12
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Oil - 1 and half tbsp
Salt to taste
- Grind green chilies and garlic together to a coarse paste. Keep it aside.
- Take gram flour in a mixing bowl and add 1 and 1/2 cups of water. Mix well and remove all the lumps.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida, and curry leaves. Let them crackle.
- Add green chilies-garlic paste and saute till raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add turmeric powder and salt. Give it a quick stir and pour besan batter on it.
- Keep mixing the batter continuously. Make sure there are no lumps. When mixture turns thick, reduce the heat. Cover the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in between.
- Add little water and adjust the consistency as per your requirement. Cook for a minute and switch off the heat.
- Sprinkle some chopped cilantro and fresh shredded coconut on top. Serve hot with sorghum roti or plain rice.