Kasoori Methi Chicken / Chicken Curry with Dried Fenugreek Leaves
Serving for - 2-3 Ingredients Chicken - 500 gm Onion (big sized) - 1 (finely chopped) Tomato - 2 (finely chopped) Cl...
Serving for - 2-3
Chicken - 500 gm
Onion (big sized) - 1 (finely chopped)
Tomato - 2 (finely chopped)
Cloves of garlic - 4 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Red chili powder - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 3/4 tsp
Kasoori Methi / Dried fenugreek leaves - 3 tbsp
Bay leaves - 2
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into medium sized pieces and wash with warm water. Add lime juice and turmeric powder. Mix well and let the chicken marinate for half hour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaves, ginger and garlic. Saute till raw smell from ginger and garlic goes away. Add chopped onion and saute till onion turns translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till they get mashed up with onion.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, and salt to taste. Saute till oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add marinated chicken, and 3 cups of water. Mix well and cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir in between.
- Crush kasoori methi on your palm and add into curry. Let the curry simmer on low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with any Indian flat bread or rice.