Green Beans Sabzi / Green Beans Stir Fry
Serving for - 2 Ingredients Green Beans (Cut into medium sized pieces) - 3 cups Onion - 1 (finely chopped) Cloves of ga...
Serving for - 2
Green Beans (Cut into medium sized pieces) - 3 cups
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Cloves of garlic - 4
Green chilies - 3
Dry grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Curry leaves - 8-10
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Dry mango powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add green beans and roast till they get slight brown spots.
- Grind green chilies and garlic together to a coarse paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Add green chilies-garlic paste and saute for few seconds till raw smell of garlic goes away.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Saute for few seconds.
- Add roasted green beans and mix well. Reduce the heat and cover the pan. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in between.
- Finally add dry grated coconut and sprinkle few drops of water. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Switch off the heat and serve hot with chapati.