Gajar Ka Halwa / Carrot Halwa
Serving for - 4 Ingredients Grated Carrots - 3 cups (Peel the carrots and grate them.) Ghee / Clarified Butter ...
Serving for - 4
Grated Carrots - 3 cups (Peel the carrots and grate them.)
Ghee / Clarified Butter - 1/4 cup
Milk - 2 and half cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Green cardamom - 5
Pinch of salt
Almonds - 6-8 (Sliced)
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add grated carrots and cook for 3-4 minutes till it starts to change it's color. Keep stirring continuously.
- Add milk and mix well. Cook on medium heat till all moisture evaporates. Keep stirring in between. It will take around 15-20 minutes.
- Mix 1 tsp of sugar with cardamom and grind it with rolling pin.
- Once the moisture evaporates, add sugar and keep stirring the mixture. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground cardamom and pinch of salt. Mix well and switch off the heat. Let it cool down completely.
- Garnish halwa with sliced almonds and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours before serving.
- Serve Chilled.