Flower-Batata Rassa Maharashtrian Recipe / Cauliflower and Potato Curry (Rassa)
Serving for -3-4 Ingredients Cauliflower florets - 1 and half cups (Wash them in warm water) Potato - 2 (Peel and cut the...
Serving for -3-4
Cauliflower florets - 1 and half cups (Wash them in warm water)
Potato - 2 (Peel and cut them into medium sized cubes. Put them into water.)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Tomato - 1 (Cut into cubes)
Cloves of garlic - 3-4 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch piece (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 6-8
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of asafoetida
Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Goda Masala - 1 tsp (You can substitute this with Garam masala)
Dry grated coconut - 1 tbsp (Use fresh shredded coconut if available)
Grated jaggery - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 and half tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves. Let them splutter.
- Add ginger and garlic. Saute till raw smell from ginger and garlic goes away. It will take few seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add tomato cubes and cook till they turn tender. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, goda masala and salt to taste. Cook this mixture till oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add potato cubes and 2 cups of water. Cover the pan and let it cook for 6-8 minutes till potatoes are 3/4 done.
- Then add cauliflower florets and cover the pan. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Finally add coconut and jaggery. Reduce the heat and allow curry to simmer on low heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot with chapati or plain rice.