Chicken Pasanda Recipe
Serving for - 2-3 Ingredients Chicken - 500 gm Onions - 2 (Thinly sliced) Tomato - 1 (pureed) Cloves of garlic - 4 ...
Serving for - 2-3
Chicken - 500 gm
Onions - 2 (Thinly sliced)
Tomato - 1 (pureed)
Cloves of garlic - 4
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Paprika - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Spices to dry roast and grind
Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
Dried red chilies - 5
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
Black peppercorns - 10-12
Cloves - 4
Green cardamom - 4
Bay leaves - 2
- Deep fry the onions till nice brown color.
- Transfer them onto paper towel. Let them cool down completely.
- Dry roast all spices mentioned above and grind them coarsely.
- Cut the chicken into medium sized pieces and wash into warm water. Add yogurt and ground spices powder. Mix well and let the chicken marinate for 1 hour in a refrigerator.
- Make the ginger garlic paste.
- Put the fried onions in a zip lock bag and crush them using rolling pin. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add ginger garlic paste and pinch of asafoetida. Saute till raw smell goes away.Add pureed tomato and cook till moisture evaporates. Add marinated chicken and mix well.
- Add paprika, 3 cups of water and salt to taste. Mix well and cover the pan. Let the chicken cook for 10-15 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Add crushed fried onions and cook for 4-5 minutes. Fried onion will make the gravy thick. Add some water if required to adjust the consistency. Then reduce the heat and allow curry to simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with any Indian flat bread or rice.