Poha Chivda / Thin Poha Chivda Recipe / Patal Poha Chivda Recipe
Ingredients Thin poha - 1/2 kg Daliya / Roasted Chana Dal - 1 cup Whole raw peanuts - 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar - half c...
Thin poha - 1/2 kg
Daliya / Roasted Chana Dal - 1 cup
Whole raw peanuts - 1/2 cup
Powdered Sugar - half cup
Coriander seeds - 4 tbsp
Cloves of garlic - 8-10
Curry leaves - 5-6 strands
Mustard seeds - 1 heaped tbsp
Cumin seeds - 1 heaped tbsp
Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder - 1 heaped tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 1/3 cup
Salt to taste
- First crush the coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves. Let them splutter. Add crushed coriander seeds and saute for few seconds. Then add peanuts and fry till they get slight brown color.
- Add chopped garlic and saute till raw smell goes away. It will take few seconds.
- Add daliya and saute for a minute.
- Reduce the heat. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Start adding small quantity of poha at a time and keep mixing with spices.
- Keep mixing the poha continuously so that it won't burn at bottom. Roast for 10-12 minutes on low heat till poha turns crispy.
- Transfer it to a big container. Add powdered sugar to warm chivda. Mix it really well. Let it cool down completely. Store chivda in a air tight container.