Palak Lachcha Paratha
To make 6 paratha Ingredients Whole wheat flour - 1 cup + 1/3 cup Carom see...
To make 6 paratha
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup + 1/3 cup
Carom seeds - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
To make the spinach puree
Spinach - 2 cups (roughly chopped)
Yogurt - 1/4 cup
Cloves of garlic - 2
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Green chilies - 2
Put all above ingredients in a blender and make a smooth puree by adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, carom seeds and salt to taste. Add in 1 tsp of oil and mix well. Remove all the lumps. Now, start kneading the dough by adding little spinach puree at a time.
- Make a soft dough and cover it. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Take a medium sized ball and roll it like a thin roti. Put 1 tsp of oil and spread it evenly. Sprinkle little flour on it.
- Now, pleat the roti onto one side. Coil the pleated roti to make round ball as shown in picture.
- Dip into flour and roll it gently. Keep it bit thick than roti. Roast it nicely from both the sides by applying ghee/oil. Serve hot with any chutney, pickle or ketchup.